US flights over Dallas restricted after deadly shooting

ASTANA. KAZINFORM - Police are engaged in a shootout with an armed suspect after at least two snipers opened fire on police officers during protests in Dallas on July 7 night, killing four officers and injuring seven others, The Telegraph reported.

photo: QAZINFORM

Three suspects are in custody after the snipers fired "ambush style" upon the officers, Dallas Police Chief David Brown told reporters.

The fourth suspect, currently holed up in a parking garage, is not cooperating and has told negotiators he intends to hurt more law enforcement officials, the chief said.

Earlier, police said a suspicious package was being secured by a bomb squad.

One suspect, who had been in a shootout with Dallas SWAT officers, is in custody and a person of interest has also surrendered, police said. The suspects are reportedly not cooperating with police.

US aviation authorities are restricting flights over Dallas after the deadly shooting.

Source: Trend.az