Buses-truck collision claims 30 in Nigeria: media

LAGOS. August 31. KAZINFORM At least 30 persons have been confirmed dead in an accident when two commercial buses collided in southwest Nigeria's Ondo State, the Lagos based Punch newspaper reported on Wednesday.

photo: QAZINFORM

According to Xinhua, state police spokesperson Aremu Adeniran confirmed on Tuesday that 30 people lost their lives in the fatal crash.

He said their corpses had been removed from the wreckage and deposited at the State Specialist Hospital in Akure, the state capital.

The accident occurred on the Akure-Owo Road on Monday, the report said.

The two buses were said to be coming from Lagos and had a head- on collision with a truck while attempting to overtake a trailer, it added.

The buses were said to have swerved to the other lane while on top speed.

They were said to have had a head-on collision with another on- coming trailer which was also on top speed from Owo.

An eyewitness was quoted as saying that the trailer and the first bus that ran into it, got burnt instantly with all the passengers and drivers.

The second bus behind it did not burn but all its passengers and driver reportedly died on the spot.

To read more go to English.news.cn